Growing up, I never thought of myself as one of the smartest kids in the room.
Through hard work and perseverance, later in life, I found that my intelligence strengths came more from my ability to recognize concepts rather than answer questions on tests.
For me, I needed to make concepts understandable, cohesive, and cogent.
That is what I believe got me to start writing — quotes, blogs, and books. Just to let you know, I was a very poor English student before my junior year in college, when I met a professor who taught me to write my heart. That together with Microsoft Word, years later, helped me greatly at expressing myself.
Below are some of my quotes by which I try to live.
- Usually, when someone is angry, all we hear are their angry words. Instead, try hearing the unspoken, “I am scared, I am frustrated, I am insecure, I am vulnerable, I am threatened.”
- Using someone else’s ruler to measure your self-worth will always leave you short.
- A genuine teacher does not seek to impress you with their greatness, but instead to impress upon you that you possess the skills to discover your own.
- Forgiving someone doesn’t give them a free pass. It gives you a free pass to move on.
- Giving without expectation leads to receiving without limitation.
- New Day…new opportunity to be grateful for what we have, not bitter for what we don’t.
- When I remove the layers that say I can’t, I discover a voice that says I should, I can, and I will.
- If you can continue to smile through hardship and pain, then your moment will come…just be patient.
- I believe in any religion that puts treating people with respect and dignity above ritual and dogma.
- Make the right choices, for the right reasons, and the right things will happen.
- The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.
- Before you find your soul mate, you must first discover your soul.
- One of the greatest mistakes we make is to idolize the artist rather than the art; the messenger rather than the message.